Monday, August 8

One great tip for espresso lovers

Coffee? No, thanks. But a croissant, on the other hand...

I'm not a coffee drinker, but a good friend has just given me a fabulous espresso tip, and I have to share it. The tip comes courtesy of Ftira, a lovely and exuberant Londoner who grew up in Malta. She's originally Chilli Padi's friend from their MBA days, but she's adopted Rice Krispie and me as her sisters.

Ftira is a coffee connoisseur, and at dinner last night she was talking about the virtues of Starbucks. (Please note, this is not Truffle's endorsement of Starbucks. I boycotted them for a lengthy period of time following their takeover of my beloved Seattle Coffee Company!) If you want to get the perfect espresso from the baristas at Starbucks, remind them when you place your order to extract/brew the coffee for no more than 19 seconds. Apparently they're trained, during their induction, to brew for exactly 19.5 seconds, but they forget...

So, don't forget the magic number: 19. And if it works for you, come back and tell us!

Love

Truffle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, intriguing - I might try that! I still think they over-roast though. All the espressos I've ever had from Starbucks (which isn't many, as I have an aversion to chains and stripped pine) have been bitter and burnt-tasting...

I'm So Fancy said...

Okay, that is yet something else I didn't know...thank you very much.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...